Your home should be a sanctuary. Somewhere to truly be at ease, enjoy life, and form lasting memories with your loved ones. Unfortunately, many homes in the Greater Cleveland area have issues that prevent the people who live there from enjoying each day to its fullest. Some homes are ugly and outdated. Others have impractical design or inadequate space. Others need extensive repairs. If your home’s failings are impacting your quality of life, you owe it to yourself and your family to undertake a major remodel or repair!
Major remodels and repairs are home construction projects that impact more than one room simultaneously. Some common reasons that homeowners in the Cleveland suburbs choose to undertake a remodel or repair include:
- Modernizing a Historic Home: Just because your Northeast Ohio home was built in another era doesn’t mean you have to live in that era! A major home remodel can preserve your older home’s charm while adding the modern amenities you have come to expect. A major home remodel can update electrical and HVAC systems, install energy efficient windows, improve insulation, install modern appliances and fixtures, update the interior design, and much more.
- Open Concept Plans: Many homes in the Greater Cleveland area have cramped, traditional layouts. 21st century homeowners often value open layouts that better facilitate shared family living and entertaining. Because of this, creating an open concept plan is one of the most common major remodeling jobs in Northeast Ohio. In an open concept remodel, extraneous walls, doorways, and doors are removed between rooms to form one bright, inviting interior that serves multiple functions (for example, a kitchen, dining, and living room all in one large space).
- Layout Changes: Many homes in Cuyahoga, Geauga, and Lake Counties—especially many older homes—have less than ideal layouts: kitchens that are too small, bathrooms in inconvenient locations, not enough storage where it’s needed, etc. A major home remodel lets you customize your home’s layout however you want! You can rearrange rooms to optimize flow, add bathrooms where there were none before, strategically move walls to increase living space, install closets, and more.
- Major Household Repairs: Some homeowners take on a major construction project out of necessity. A whole home renovation is often needed to repair damage resulting from neglect, age, storm damage, fire, or flood.
- Other Large Projects: Major home remodels are the perfect opportunity to change everything you dislike about your home’s interior. The possibilities for a major remodel are truly endless, and can include:
- Multiple room remodels
- Comprehensive interior design
- Stairway repair or replacement
- Hallway, entryway, and foyer remodels
- Mudroom installation
- Laundry room installation
- Hardwood floor refinishing or replacement
- Window repair or replacement
- Trim repair or replacement
- Whole home painting and plastering
- New appliance installation
- And much more!
Does your Northeast Ohio home live up to your needs and wants? If the answer is “no,” why settle? You and your family deserve the best. Contact Chris at Cobblestone Construction to start your home remodel journey today!